Well, as you know it has been almost a month since I wrote last. It's not that I've been super busy, I'm just a mother of 5 kids and when I get a moment to think about blogging, I get interrupted. And after I get the kids in bed, I'm either spending time with Shane or falling asleep. But a lot has happened, not big events, but cute and/or fun nonetheless, and I'll attempt to catch up now.
I guess we'll start with the latest thing, which was Halloween. One thing I have learned to like about my children, is that they get attached to a costume, and so we have had kids be the same thing for 3 years in a row now. Of course, this doesn't apply to Kaitlin, who changes her mind more often than her socks, but my boys have chosen to be the same thing again this year. We had a party at our church, and the kids had a great time. We didn't get out and trick or treat door to door this year, but I think they had fun just the same, and they got enough candy to induce sugar shock for several days. Tanner was about wiped out by the end of the night. We also had a great time carving pumpkins, except for Tanner, who thought the innards were disgusting.
Fall is here, and the colors are absolutely beautiful. Well, I should say were beautiful, because a cold spell hit, the wind blew, and the trees are now almost naked. I bought 2 more rakes, so my 3 oldest children could rake the leaves that are filling up the yard. But I raked leaves and filled 6 50-gallon garbage sacks, and there are only 6 because I ran out of sacks. The leaves were so deep that the kids could bury themselves in the leaves 2-3 deep, and we still couldn't see them. Tanner and Parker loved the leaves, as you can see from the pictures. Even Leo, our cat, got into the playing in the leaves fun. The fun ended a couple of days ago because a huge windstorm came up and blew most of the leaves away, which works for me because I would have had to rake them, and my hands were getting calloused. Poor baby, I know - I should have put the kids to work with the 3 rakes. It was so fun to see the wind whipping those leaves into someone else's yard. I cackled with glee, thinking of all the leaves I wouldn't have to rake. The picture of Parker looking into the pumpkins is him watching the ladybugs that decided to make a home inside. He was fascinated.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Forgive Me - I am a Slacker
Posted by Casey at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I officially have leaf/tree envy. How fun!
Post a Comment