Wednesday, September 1, 2010

3 Birthdays

Tanner's birthday came first this summer and he turned the big 5. Yes, we have another kindergartner. We debated about sending him, seeing as his birthday is so close to the deadline, but Shane and I felt it was the best thing to do, so there you go. He got the two things he wanted most for his birthday; a pair of binoculars, (he calls them night glasses) and a stuffed puppy that he named "Rhino." He was very excited.

I love in this video how Tanner has the puppy dance .




Josh's birthday was next, where we had him turning 10. We now have our first Webelos scout (bonus points if you know what webelos stands for =>). He got a Red Ryder, you'll-shoot-your-eye-out BB gun, with accompanying accessories (bbs and targets.) The cake was cheesecake, because he wanted it to be so. Watch Parker in this video try to get closer and closer so that he can blow out the candles.



Shane's birthday was next, with him turning, well, let's just say older. => I try to convince him to say he's in his early 20's like me, but for some reason he rejects that. Maybe it's because we now have a teenage daughter, but I don't know for sure. Anyway, he got shirts and a new sleeping bag for camping, and a date night with me to shop for the rest, 'cause he's kind of picky sometimes, but his schedule hasn't allowed him to take advantage of that gift yet. Maybe soon?.... Anyway, we couldn't put the number of candles on the cake to match his new age, mainly because I didn't have that many candles, but we worked it out in the end. His cake was blackberry shortcake, because we had wild blackberries camping the weekend before and he had a hankering for more. It was very yummy.



And I have to end with this picture, just because it cracks me up.

2 comments:

Sonia B said...

WE'll BE LOyal Scouts . . . where's my points ;)

Casey said...

50 for you, Sonia. You must have boys, or be a den leader. =>