Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"This is the Best Christmas EVER!!"

Those were the words said over and over again by Tanner last night as we decorated our tree for Family Home Evening. We decided to get out the lights and ornaments and let the kids go to it. The tree is a little lopsidedly decorated, lots of loaded spots and lots of bare spots, but the kids did it mostly themselves. Every time Tanner would come and get a new ornament to put up on the tree, he would say, "This is the best Christmas ever!!" He had a ball. Even Parker liked putting things on the tree. Of course, I don't think that Tanner has realized that presents will eventually be under that tree, will which make it even better, but he loves looking at the tree and trying to move ornaments around on it. I would post pictures, but I have misplaced my camera, so as soon as I find it, pictures will be posted.

Potty training is going pretty well. Tanner can tell us when he needs to go, and hasn't had an accident for days now. Now if we could just get him to pull up and down his own britches, we'd be making more progress. He keeps telling me, "I can't do it, Mom!" The problem is, I know that he can, he just chooses not to. Parker watches him all day, and he wants to sit on the toilet as well, so I'm hoping something clicks inside his head soon as to what is really going on and will want to potty train, too. I know, wishful thinking, but I can hope, right? I have been changing diapers for 8 years now, lots of those years with 2 in diapers, and I am ready to be diaper free.

Speaking of Parker, he has been talking up a storm lately. We are understanding more and more words. He asks "I see" when I'm cooking, he asks for music in the car and right now his song of choice is "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts," he says "nigh, nigh dada" when its time for bed, he asks for his shoes, and to ride his bike, and so much more. Of course, a lot of it is gobbly-gook still, although he knows what he's saying, but we hear more and more each day and it is so fun to hear. He loves to play with cars, and carries them around everywhere he goes. He loves to turn on the Shrek CD and dance in the living room, and it has to be a certain song, "I'm a Believer" or it's the wrong one. He is so fun to have around.

Kaitlin got her haircut - added some bangs, and also got contacts, so she is looking like a new woman lately. I need to find my camera and I will post some pictures. The eye doctor said that putting her in contacts would help to slow the decline of her eyes, so in order to help her avoid the coke-bottle glasses that I have to wear, we decided to do it. She has done very well with getting them in and out, and has adjusted pretty well. She is doing very well in school, and has started drama club (which those of you who know her will realize how well that fits her personality.) She has been asked to babysit by another lady, a teacher at her school, so she is in heaven. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

Well, I need to blog about Josh and Shane's trip to a cool museum, but because Shane went with him, I will get him to do the telling. Hopefully that will come soon. They got to spend the night at the Strategic Air Museum for a scouting trip, and from what I hear it was pretty cool.

2 comments:

Cody and Tiff said...

Casey, you're amazing. I can't believe you've been changing diapers for 8 years! The decorating sounds like a blast, hope you all have a very Merry Christmas=-)

Sonia B said...

Another thing I miss about Omaha . . . proximity to cool museums like the Strategic Air and Space Museum. Love how little kids are so easily pleased. Wish they would stay that way.